Re: women

DAMN, she's got me all figgered out!

> >Jan

Forget that Jan she has most of us figured out.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

I know it sounds stupid, but have her read Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. Sounds dumb, but women like to read that stuff usually (I'd rather prefer something where someone is getting killed, but I'm not the average woman:) It really does explain men fairly well, so it can help the women that aren't naturally inclined to understanding men like I am. ;) It explains women too, and can help guys as well. Women operate on an emotional level, and men are more logical. Where women want to talk, men want to go into a cave and use logic to figure it out. Women want men to *listen*, not always try to fix things. Men have the natural "provider" instinct that makes them automatically want to fix things. That's what the beginning of the book says. After that I don't know, because I put it down and laughed. I didn't need a book to tell me that. But your girlfriend might. But here's the plus side... if you buy the book for her and tell her "I thought maybe we could both read it to get a better understanding of each other" you'll look sensitive and definately get laid. However, make her read it first and then you won't have to read it because she'll come running to you and tell you all about what it says. "Look, Honey! The book says" blah blah blah " and now I understand a little better!" And then you can tune her out and she can't get mad because she'll read it that you do that. :) But really, I should teach a class. Women get too mad at men for things that you guys can't help. It's just silly to me. But what do I know? I'm just a girl. :D

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

I agree with you John. But even I get puzzled over women sometimes. It took me a long time to figure out why I was staying where I was completely miserable instead of where I could be. So I changed that finally. Looking back, I can't figure out why it took me so long.

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

On 07 Oct 2004 18:24:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) scribbled this interesting note:

Sometime not too long after my wife and I got together, she had to confess to me one day that she finally figured out what was missing in her life at that point...

It really was interesting when she stated that it took her a while to understand the problem...

The problem? It was simple, really. The problem she was having difficulty with was the lack of any serious problem!

Emotional roller-coasters are not fun rides, no matter what anyone may say to the contrary. Crisis junkies are not fun to be around. Living in crisis mode is a good way to find your way to an early grave in an unpleasant way since you usually end up with ulcers, hypertension, and other health problems.

The solution is easy to understand, easy to state, but sometimes a little more complicated to implement...and I like to state it like this: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Most of the world's major religions can be summed up with this one line. The pursuit of happiness can be summed up with this one line. Every self-help book worth reading says essentially this, although they take considerably more words to say it (while lightening your wallet!:~)

John Willis

I wish I had that problem. Instead, I have an ex that likes to verbally abuse me in front of my daughter, threaten me and continually terrorize me to the point where sleep is unattainable and eating is extremely difficult. I have someone who loves me, and makes me feel like I'm on top of the world when I'm with him but he's 5,000 miles away. I'm not making enough money, my job sucks, and to top it all off, my dog has proven herself to have come to our home not just pregnant, but not house broken. Oh yeah, and the 2 week old kitten I now have to bottle feed every 2 hours. HOWEVER, I applied for legal aid today and found out what my ex can and can't do in regards to our daughter. That will help with the sleeping, but I still get nervous when the phone rings. I'm in college to help with the job thing, and the man I love is going to marry me if it kills him. The dog.. well, I'll deal with it as we go. The cat? Once that sucker's weened he's outta here. So, while my circumstances suck, I'm doing what I can to change them. The bad health however remains until the issues are solved unfortunately.

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

lol

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Abusive ex? Jan has my number..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

...yeah but he also could have chosen far...far worse than moose drool...

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

*guzzles room-temperature Milwaukee's Best* WHUTCHUTALKIN' 'BOUT, WILLIS!?!?!?!?
Reply to
Shaggie

They still make that crap ? That was my dad's favorite.

Randy

RSMEINER

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:25:29 -0400, Shaggie scribbled this interesting note:

I be tawlkin' 'bout Newcastle Ale!:~)

(or other similarly good brews...not that I've had lots to drink tonight since I've been dragging out my wife's birthday across three days. This evening I started with the last Newcastle in the house, then while cooking and eating her specifically chosen supper [Cauliflower and Shrinp, if you ask nicely I'll provide the Louisiana inspired recipe. The spiced pears with a caramel sauce were my idea] almost two bottles of good, but not too expensive, South African wines!:~)

John Willis

shaggie knows *good* beer...he may *choose* to drink the cheapo stuff, but he does know good beer...he actually introduced me to Newcastle....excellent...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

I also drink the free coffee they provide at work, even though I've had much much better coffee that was much much more expen$ive. In summary, I'm a cheap b@stard. :-)

*sips early-morning Milwaukee's Best* Uh.... I mean *sips early-morning Kroger-brand coffee*
Reply to
Shaggie

What is your beverage of choice?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

As most long time Ramvaites should know...

Cuba Libre

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Plain old black coffee. Stronger the better. I'm a tea totaler.

Randy

RSMEINER

...I like my coffee like I like my women.....

.....used as a diversion to sleep, then toss whats left over in the morning..

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

You like empty cups ?