Ready to go!

Hey Guys,

Great news!

I can't remember if I told you guys about the problems I was having in my 65 with the tranny earlier this month. My boyfriend took the car home with him to his shop and proceeded to rebuild the transmission and repair some of the neglected areas on the car that needed to be done for inspection. (ie. axle boots, tie rods, finish the 12 volt conversion, new oil cooler, new shocks etc. etc.) Anyway he finally finished everything last night and we will be heading to the safety inspection on Monday morning. I was so concerned she wouldn't be ready for the great canadian weekend (9 days away). But she's purring beautifully and waiting for me at my new house on the island. I'm still debating about whether or not to leave her stock or build a 1776 and get a 2 inch lowered beam with dropped spindles. There aren't that many stockers around here so maybe I'll just leave her as is. The gas mileage on the 1200 is hard to walk away from !

I'm so excited! I will post pictures this weekend when I get to her!

Anna

65 Bahama Blue Beetle "Bebe" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

CONGRATULATIONS!

not that my opinion matters, but I'm in favor of stock. I don't understand why people want to lower VWs...

Reply to
mez

with the tranny earlier this month. My boyfriend took the car home with him to his shop and proceeded to rebuild the transmission and repair some of the neglected areas on the car that needed to be done for inspection. (ie. axle boots, tie rods, finish the 12 volt conversion, new oil cooler, new shocks etc. etc.) Anyway he finally finished everything last night and we will be heading to the safety inspection on Monday morning. I was so concerned she wouldn't be ready for the great canadian weekend (9 days away). But she's purring beautifully and waiting for me at my new house on the island. I'm still debating about whether or not to leave her stock or build a 1776 and get a 2 inch lowered beam with dropped spindles. There aren't that many stockers around here so maybe I'll just leave her as is. The gas mileage on the 1200 is hard to walk away from !

sounds great! looking foward to those pics :-)

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

Oh god knows how much i miss the 1300sp milage when compared to my new

1679cc dual carb.... It drinks more gas than i do alcohol! Maybe i should give it the alcohol and keep the gas for my self!
Reply to
BugThug

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 01:02:30 +0300, "BugThug" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I'll trade you my 1200 SP for your 1679 dual carb and I won't even charge you extra cuz I'm a nice guy like that. :-D Wait. 1679? What's that? I've never heard that displacement for a VW engine before.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

You know I think I like my 1200 better then my 1600 engines. My 1200 just seems to run stronger, and its so much more reliable. I feel like I don't have to worry about it.

Reply to
BugBum

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:02:20 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

69(stock stroke)x 88(hopefully machine in, not slip in) pistons and cylinders... j
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:28:33 +0300, "BugThug" ran around screaming and yelling:

no way thug...i wouldn't bash them, because i lack personal experience with them...i just see the arguments against them as logically valid...i have run many sets of 92's with no problems even though they also have a bad rap... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani