Rear Deck lid hinge bracket for a '56 beetle sedan

Good morning,

I've recently picked up a '56 beetle. It was finally delivered on Friday and I got a chance to take it for a quick spin around the block before we got 18 inches of snow. One thing I noticed was that the rear deck lid rattled pretty bad. One of the hinge brackets is just about rusted through. Looks like one of the POs tried welding it, but it didn't hold on one side. I've tried finding this part at a bunch of the online parts houses without any luck. The only thing I've found is 68+. I can't even find a listing to know what other years might work.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks Cort

P.S. Here is a link to some pictures

)

Reply to
Cort

Hey Cort send me a picture and I will send you the part from a 56 parts car.

Let me know if theres anything else you need,

Mario

sorry for all my stalkers whining thats sure to follow...lol they would have no life with out me

Reply to
Kafertoys

This says it all:

And there are plenty of other links that will soon show up, I'm sure.

Reply to
bugnut68

That's quite generous of you.

He also needs 9 grand from you, so he can do what you won't do and refuse to acknowledge when it is brought up. Infact, 20 bucks says you won't even reply to this message.

GIVE JOAN A REFUND.

Chris

Reply to
halatos