Rear Engine Brace

Just wanted to know your thoughts on installing a rear engine brace to make up for worn out rear transmission mounts. I don't or I am not ready to pull my engine yet and want to get rid of some slop in the driveline. Or if you have any other ideas that would be awesome. Thanks

Reply to
wrxflash

You can't replace the mounts without separating the engine from the transaxle as the bolts for the mounts are on the inside of the clutch bell. On the up-side, it takes only 25 minutes to pull an engine. You can even just leave it on the jackstand without having to pull it out from the underside of the car. Though, you'll need a second jack to hold up the transaxle while you change the mounts.

If the feel of engine is more like clunking, the problem might be CV joints instead of mounts or even just a rough running engine.

Reply to
David Gravereaux