Rear Shock Absorber Question

Hi Everyone & Merry Christmas...

I just installed a set of new Bilstein shocks on the Beetle, but I am drawing a blank....should the lower shock mounting bolts rest on the rubber bushing, or should they have a washer in between? I don't recall there being one (a washer) when everything was taken apart, and the Bentley manual doesn't show a clear image....Any Ideas???

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

The lower rubber bushing should have a metal sleeve insert which will take it to a dead stop when you tighten the bolt.

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Thanks!