Rear suspension lowering calculation...please check my math

Ok, so I want to lower my suspension around 6 degrees. Rotating the torsion bar 1 spline on the inner gives you 9 degrees, and adjusting the one on the outer 1 spline in the opposite direction gives you 8.1 in the other direction. So, that's 0.9 degrees you get from doing the above. So, to get around 6 degrees, I would have to adjust the inner

7 splines in one direction, and the outer 7 splines in the opposite direction. 7 x 0.9 yields 6.3 degrees. Is this the correct math? Is this the only way to get around 6 degrees? Thanks!
Reply to
Steve G

We lowered it until it looked about right. You'll have a hard enough time trying to blindly click through the inside splines.

Reply to
Jay Espy

yeah, i didn't have too much trouble adjusting the inside 1 spline. i thought it was pretty easy to feel. my main problem is that 1 inside spline is too much lowering, and i need a finer adjustment. i'm thinking 6 on the inside and 6 on the outside should get me about where i want to be. its just that now the wheels are turned in at the top, resting, and i believe that is too low.

Reply to
Steve G

but if i adjust the outer splines back 1 or 2 like you suggest, won't that go back 8 plus another 8 degrees, which equals 16 degrees in the other direction? i thought i would need to go 6 on the inner, and then 6 on the outer to get a to total of 6.3 degrees of total lowering angle.

Reply to
Steve G

I was going by this page.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

Reply to
TerryB

You have the clicks figured out, all I can really suggest is to start "clicking" back until it looks right. It may take you only one more iteration before you get it where you want it. We lowered it too much on our first try, and raised it once to get it "about right."

Reply to
Jiann-Ming Su