Rear Window Defogger

I have two 74 Super Beetles and the rear window defroster grids on both are shot. Does anyone know where I could send them off to to get repaired or recommend a really good standalone blower unit that will keep them clear of fog and frost.

Dick Steflik New York (upstate)

Reply to
Dick Steflik

There are kits that "paint" on new gridlines to recondition the system, but from what I've heard, they don't work worth a crap.

RMMW has them new. But for some reason they only list windows with the defroster for '65-'71. Maybe a VW recycler would have a good tested window. Try Interstate VW in Southern Cal. (sorry, I don't know of any in your neck of the woods)

. ph- 760-736-8515.

They are expensive, when compared to the standard glass, but worth it, if fogging and icing is a problem where you live.

Reply to
Alan Nelson