rebuilding trans??

Heya, Is it possible for one to rebuild a transaxle. I have a 64 transporter, great engine, bad trans, and no one around here knows anything (rural mssouri) I have heard a few things, like you have to have a jig, or special tools, and just wondered if it's possible to do at home.Anyone have experience with this? thanks a bunch, ~wanda

Reply to
mamawanda

mamawanda wrote:

No, you can't afford the tools and the steep learning curve just to do one. See:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll just keep saving my pennies foe a rebuilt one, I guess. there is a real lack of parts here in rural missouri.. even the foreign parts guys don't have a cleu. have a good one!

Reply to
mamawanda

Look out wanda you might get jumped for spelling or typing errors.....LOL

Mario Vintage Werks restorations

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to