Rebuilt My CARB - Now the Choke Won’t Close When C old- Help Please!

Rebuilt My CARB - Now the Choke Won=92t Close - Help Please!

I tried to rebuild my 30/31 PICT BROSAL CARB Now the choke won=92t close like it is supposed to when the engine is cold. What did I do wrong? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks In Advance! Jim3.=85

Reply to
Jim347a

Jim347a

Reply to
Jim347a

Did you adjust the choke after you rebuilt the carb ? Linkage hooked up correctly ?

Reply to
rjmacres

It sounds like you missed the tang on the choke shaft with the hook on the bimetall spring inside the choke cover. Simply remove the three screws on the cover, remove cover and re-align, then twist anticlockwise until markings line up.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

bimetall spring inside the choke cover.

That was it. I also had overtightened the nut on the left side of the choke shaft.

Are these nuts re-usable? Would you recommend a drop of blue Loctite?

Reply to
Jim347a