rec.autos.mario....

not much fun here lately is it :(

anyway - I've sorted out my I.D - I'll try and post more (on the non mario threads)

:)

Reply to
tricky

Ironic that folks post about him to bitch about folks posting about him... STFU, if you can't stop being hypocritical... best wishes..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

^^^^^ yeah that ;) LOL

Reply to
tricky

C'mon you guys. Lets not turn on each other. I know that moderating on USENET is virtually impossible but there has just got to be a way out of this situation. I'm just a lurker now but I've been following this group on an almost daily basis believe it or not. RAMVA won't survive much longer without some kind of practical remedy to this 'mario' problem. Some creative thinking is needed I think. Does anyone know whether there is some possibility of blocking an ISP address from posting here? I know, the personality in question could create multiple ID's but maybe there could be team of long standing regulars who could keep programming those new ID's out of the picture for awhile until MG gives up and goes away. Just a thought. It's hard to believe that one maliciouis personality could single handedly cause the demise of this group after all of these years.

timmy

Reply to
rogers.patricia

Wasent Jan able to pull attachments at one time? If so perhaps he could be of assitance?

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

sorry tim, Mario's being here isn't gonna ruin the group, nor is any banter that is associated with it... what ruins the group is everyone that claims to not want to see it that just can't let it go... there are multiple ways for those folks to not see, starting hypocritical threads isn't one of them... I could incessantly whine about hypocritical posts for months, but I wouldn't, I'd just killfile the person... maybe common sense really isn't so common....

good to see you Tim, even if you are posting from the wife's account...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I forgot my Google password

:(

Reply to
rogers.patricia

. . . I disagree. Mario's presence here is a disruptive influence. He's so upsetting to so many of the regulars here that it's just a matter of time before everyone leaves. It's not enough to just tell everyone to ignore him and carry on as usual. He was banned at thesamba for a reason and that reason is what's tearing this group apart as well. Just my opinion.

Reply to
rogers.patricia

maybe it appears worse as I only lurk and visit maybe once or twice a week. I look for the interesting posts, but see a full news reader of 'mario' this that and the other

and joey is right - I have just started another .... DOH !!!

Sorry

Maybe I'll look for a better newsreader with decent filtering .

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
tricky

folks that would leave because they can't ignorre, or killfile him, aren't really that serious about staying in the group anyway...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Agreed. If we can't ban him from posting (and we can't), we all need to ignore him in a way so none of his posts appear in our newsreaders.

Censorship is a personal decision. Choose to censor him. This is the downside to a free internet. Years ago, it never bothered me that usenet was structured this. I must be getting old now, and have forgotten my anarchistic ways.

To be a proper anarchist, chose to censor on your own. I chose to never want to see any of his postings in my newsreader again. Do you chose the same?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

You are using Thunderbird 2.0

Pull up any message with, say, Mario in the Subject line. In the message pane, Right Click on the From (Sender's) name. From the Pull Down menu, select "Create Filter From Message".

Create the filter as: Subject, Contains, Mario Perform these actions: Mark Message as Read Click OK

You can also block certain senders using the From, Is, ------ filter.

Also, see the Mozilla Help page on this subject:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thnaks Jim ... I'll have a play !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I haven't seen a single message from Mario in many months ..... except when you guys bother to reply to his posts. You want him to go away, make him invisible by killfiling him or filtering your newsgroups so that he is invisible. While I do think that he's the absolute lowest form of scum on the planet, some of you guys give him power by choosing to respond to his posts. When you guys who have signatures or links in your posts that include his name, that gets filtered too. While I love hearing about your ACVWs and experiences, I have no desire to wade through post after post about the Scum of the South. Andy

63 Camper

[...]

Andy

test

Reply to
tricky

No, it isn't working. ;) Hey Rich.

Reply to
Remco

Hey Remco - How's it going ?

I'm just testing a new news reader (Pan)- I'll see how good the filtering is !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Things are good. My bug needs one more little part* to be replaced. It has been a long hard battle and replaced pretty much everything one foot up from the ground - learned a lot about metalwork and yet still don't know enough, it seems. It has been fun and I'd definitely do it again when this one is done.

(*that panel that looks like a shelf, sitting next to the engine. It holds the engine seal. )

Reply to
Remco

LOL - Well the new reader is good :) I had to load up my old one to see if you replyed to this LOL

Glad to here your bug is nearly done ! Is your web site upto date with all the work you have done ?

Reply to
tricky

I'm horrible at maintaining blogs or things like that so no, I don't really have a site that recorded the progress. While this stuff was new to me, it has been done so many times by others so figured few people would visit it anyway.

For me, it was all about learning metalwork. It was something I had never done before and seeing the fantastic work by people like Wiz, John Kelly and others intrigued me. I'll never get that good and am not by any stretch of anyone's imagination an expert but it is very satisfying to see that my skill has improved. At the risk of bragging, I have now made several replacement panels that fit very nicely. If it weren't for the rattle can temporary primer, people that visit have a hard time telling where the old starts and the new begins - and it doesn't have filler on it yet.

..Of course,. I am not mentioning how many hours it took, how many pieces of sheetmetal were totally destroyed, how many spools of weldwire were wasted, how many tanks were emptied or how many times I've cut my work out to start over. ;)

Reply to
Remco