Reliable 2007 T1?

How about it...a daily driver 2007 T1. Seems quite possible to me as long as the cam is mild, the valves medium, and the carbs medium. No huge valves or venturis for screaming high RPM horses. If I were to build and use this engine, it would be combo street and highway use, occasionly up to 70 MPH but never faster. I want good torque, and good driveability but a redline at around 6000. I beleive this is possible with a c/w crank? Honestly, I'm only looking for 100 HP even. Torque is what I really want...preferably in the 110-130 range. I know slower engines last longer, that's a big part of my decision to go with a torquey beast vs. high screamer. So I'd go with a 78 mm c/w forged crank,

90.5 P&C, 42X35 heads (actually, not sure what the exact valve sizes are, but were somewhere around that...) with a good port job and dual ports Dual webber 44's (40's? I remember reading that 40's are good up to only a 1776) with matched ports, 1.25 rockers with HD valve springs and chromoly pushrods

All these parts would be assembled with the utmost of care over a long period of something like a year!

The two things I don't know about are cooling and exhuast. Would a full-flow system with a filter provide a little extra oil cooling? Would that combined with the stock cooling system provide enough cooling?

What exhuast would expell gases from an engine like this efficiently, but not lose torque? I think the stock setup is probably too restrictive. Extractor and simple muffler? (only problem is that I want heat...)

Ugh...sorry for the long post...I'm trying to put so many things together in my head about engines right now...I never realized how much there was to put into consideration. Thanks for all your help, I've learned so much! ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I thought they stopped making the type one. :-) I wonder what cool things it'll have on it? I bet it will have one of those Navigation screens that pops out of the dash! I'm so excited, how can I reserve one, too.

Reply to
EuroBug

LOL!

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Right...............................................I forgot to mention that the """2007""" type one will go back to a rear engine design with rear-wheel drive.....You can sign up at ramvawishesitso.com. Seriously though...what does everybody think?

Reply to
Anthony

I think it's a cool idea. You are trying to make the right street/road aircooled engine. I don't know much about exhaust, but it seems that the easier it is for the gases to leave the engine, the more torque and cooling you will have. Again not sure about this, just applied common sense. There is a very interesting article about an exhaust benchmark at

there you can see how different types of exhaust affect performance.

Ant

Reply to
Ant