removing dust cap from front axles

Guys,

Quick and easy question...what's the easiest way to remove the dust cap from the front axles? The Bentley shows a special tool, and I have generally pried with a combo of screwdrivers and large pliers, BUT I know there has to be an easier way...

Any comments or suggestions?

Dane '69 Bug '63 Bug

Reply to
Dane Tyler

Carpenter's claw hammer.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I use one of those 25" pry bars, like this:

like a huge screwdriver with a bent tip. Works perfect.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Generally I use a large pair of Channel Lock Pliers.

Grab it and rock it a couple of times. Comes right off.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Yup, channel lock pliers works every time, and does the least amount of damage too!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

That's my first choice, too!