Removing steering box on 71 bus.

I try to pull the arm off the box, any suggestions, pully remover was not helping.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Heat. Oxy-acetylene torch.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

oxyacetilene torch remeber to change the oil and seal in the box after that.

Reply to
PEPPE

"I try to pull the arm off the box, any suggestions, pully remover was not helping. "

I had the same trouble when I went to change the box on my super beetle. A local VW shop pressed it off in a hydraulic press for a couple bucks. Any machine shop should be able to get it apart for you for their press fee.

Chris

Reply to
Hal