Removing unremovable front drum - HELP

It won't come off. The car is a 1960 and yes I loosened the 2 lock nuts by turning them backwards. What could be holding the drum on? It seems to spin freely.

TIA for any help figuring this out

Reply to
Hughie

Braukuche

I had some luck using a "air hammer" with a center-punch style bit... apply some vibration to the center of the spindle while pulling on the drum. The vibration allowed the drum to kinda "walk" itself over the brake shoes (which is most likely what it's hanging up on).

Good luck!

Troy

Reply to
Bugzilla

Thanks guys/gals , you helped me figure it out. Thank you very much.

Reply to
Hughie