replacing ignition switch

Can I do it w/o removing the steering wheel?

Looks like there's a screw underneath that may allow me to remove the cover.

Reply to
Mel P.
  1. remove airbag
  2. remove plastic cover around steering wheel
  3. mark the position of steering wheel
  4. disconnect steering wheel coil
  5. remove bolt and steering wheel
  6. remove three srews that that hold switches on
  7. remove rear bolts on the ignition switch
  8. you will need a pair of vise grips and pulley to remove collar
  9. stick key in ignition to unlock
  10. remove three philp screws
Reply to
Airport Shuttle

What year/type you working on?

It's been a couple years since I had my column apart in my '74 super, but seems like the wheel needed to come off, the two column switches needed to come off, and the whole plastic housing with the ignition lock assembly needed to be slid off the steering shaft before the electrical part of the ignition switch could be removed......

Best,

Reply to
halatos

Bookmark:

However, there was a change mid-year '74 in the security fittings for the Ignition lock. If this is a late car, there will be an additional casting which needs to be unbolted.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim