resistance of the deffoger relay grid?

As mentioned before, I'm fixing the rear defogger and I would like to know if somebody know whats the average resistance you can measure from end to end of the defogger grid. I measured mine and it was about 600 omhs, I wonder if this is ok, or I should just forget about this thing.

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant

Without guesswork

that T1 heated rear window takes 60-70 Watts of electrical power.That means in 12 Volt system resistance of about 2.4 ohms - 2.0 ohms.I think 600 ohms you measure means that there are bad connectionssomewhere. I don't think that some cut wires in the heater wouldraise the resistance to 600 ohms.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Just guessing, but it ought to be around 10 Ohms (maybe less).

600 Ohms will produce only 1/4 Watt, which wouldn't warm a fly's rear end. Your grid is knackered.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim