restored beetle insurance

What are the insurance options for insuring a restored 1969 beetle with about $20K in it as a daily driver? My carrier (SF) rep tells me that the only way I can get "stated value" is if I drive it as an "antique" with all the attendant restrictions.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Reply to
C7eca

Check out Haggerty Insurance at

They specialize in insuring collectibles without a lot of the hassles of other classic auto insurance.

There is no mileage limitation, no line of sight requirement, stated value and more. They even have a flatbed road service protection plan. There are a couple of caveats: you must have a daily driver, can not use covered autos to commute to work or school, etc.

I have four classic cars covered by them and the premiums are very reasonable. In a couple of months, I will be adding a fifth car to that policy.

Tim

C7eca wrote:

Reply to
The Guy

He's right.

I always prefer TriState insurance..

The challenge about collectable cars is that the insurance companies use the same scrap value that the Motor Vehicles department uses for taxing and tabs.

If any of he big 3 find out that you've been driving a "collector car" around town while they insure it... they'll drop you in a second.

My insurance company will look at case-by-case options with more miles driven annually -- they're much more flexible on some thnings than other insurance options.

Do you have a daily driver... or is this it... if it is you're in a bummin insurance positionl.

I'd love to see a $20k 1969 car... do you have a website.

Funky idea... keep your 69 as a collectable and drive a beater bug around town.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead