retractable seat belts

I have a 73 super bug that I am intending to fit with retractable seat belts. Trouble is that there isnt enough room to fit the reel at the floor because the back seat is too close to the mounting bolt. Has anyone have a solution to this problem?

Reply to
peter collins

Psuedodoc

Peter, I have done the transplant with some 74 seatbelts, and all I had to do was drill a small hole for the locator pin to fit it right in.................bolts and all were an excellent fit into a 71. I can't see how anything could cause such issues with a newer one.............I guess it's possible the seat is a bunch differnet , but I can't imagine there being a difference that would stop the install . I say give it a try anyway, and maybe just fit it tight. I can pull my seat out no problem and put it back in with no major effort.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I had the same problem with my bug, but the solution is easy, I got a couple of steel L-shaped pieces and made a hole on each side. The belt won't be screwed on the pillar but on one of the L-bar pieces. IS a bit annoying for the passengers, but it works.

Ant

peter coll> I have a 73 super bug that I am intending to fit with retractable seat

Reply to
Ant

Reply to
peter collins

Fully................ when in good working order.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I don't think they come separate. Maybe Peter's did somehow? Maybe he got the ones from a convertible?

Reply to
David Gravereaux