Rusted Frame head

Emergency! the rust cancer is killing my frame head. It's a SB with a case of shimmies, I was replacing the shocks when I saw it. Is there a place I can get a new frame head? I'd rather replace the whole thing than patching it with sheet metal. How should I do this?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

rocky mtn, real source, and the vendors that have ads in VWT & HVWs sell replacement frame head panels, about $100 or so.

I have seen sections in books on replacing the SB frame head and it definitely looks like a challenge. You may want to take a good, hard look at your skills/experience, work environment/garage, tool inventory and the amount of time you will have to devote to this project before you start cutting. Also ask yourself if the car is really worth the time/expense, too. Is the car otherwise sound?

I don't know what a professional would charge for a frame head replacement, but it most likely be substantial.

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to
Jack Woltz