rusty bumpers

I got new "triple chrome" bumpers for my 66 bug for Xmas, and they rusted up right away. Well I got a new set and por15ed the back, and was told that I could varnish the front with some type of water base varnish? Does anybody have any idea about this? or what brand of varnish to use. I don't have a garage, and live in Oregon...Thanks Bertvw66

Reply to
kline49

Water base polyurethane is nicely waterproof and it's pretty durable but I don't know how well it would stick to chrome. I use it for kitchen table and counter tops.

I bet there is some kind of epoxy clear coat designed specifically for covering chrome.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

All you have to do is seal the back side. No amount of clear over the chrome side will really help.

Reply to
jjs