Saw the new Herbie Movie Today

Saw the movie. It was entertaining. The only question I have is how did Mike Yager from Mid America Motorworks get his banner so prominately displayed in the movie. I guess he provided some parts, or paid a steep advertising fee. The only hokey thing in the movie is when they borrowed a valve cover from the New Beetle to fix the busted one on the 63 Beetle.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Ben Boyle

sure. Sure, it's seems ridiculous to us to

How accurate does it need to be?

What's your point? Are you trying to say there is no such thing as a car that is alive? Of course there is.

Michael Cecil

Mid America has some of the original "Herbies"

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Movies today are full of product placement so that is how that went down I'm sure. Sure, it's seems ridiculous to us to use a NB part on a ACVW but it's a movie, a movie about a car that is alive. How accurate does it need to be? :-)

Was also funny when the back of the car had some large speakers and you see Lindsay Lohan turning on the Sapphire I

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Its okay bill, there is also a chop top version of it in the movie! I Personally thought that the "Herbie" was too animated. Making it smile or frown, dorky eyelids. Shaking like a dog, whining like a weinie. But when the poor bugger was being trashed at the demolition derby, I was thinking how badly I needed that sunroof clip for our 58 alfie. :-(

Reply to
vwluvrs