Seat Belt Suggestions?

Good Morning,

Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes / alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get. It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price, when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??

71 Std

Thanks, John

Reply to
Jakalope
2nd Try (waited about 30 mins)

[...]

Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after several hours it still is not up.

[...]

I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of us! ;-)

Scott S.

Reply to
compwrench

Let us know how it turns out. Retractable seat belts are one of the changes I'd like to make to my bug also.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Cecil

quoted text -

I bought retractable seat belts from cip1. They work good but I found that it was best to put the retractable mechanism on the top of the post rather than the bottom like all other cars are. That means that you extend the seat belt across your lap rather than extending across your chest like all others. That is slightly inconvient but a million times easier than the original belt with all the strap adjustments. - Robert

Reply to
Robert

I ordered from

I called JBUGS.COM and they recommended the site, It's their's. You can pidk the color and style. The belts should be here today or tomorrow. They seem to be the nicest ones I could find and are American made. Supposedly the best aftermarket belts on the market. I spent several hours on the web searching and researching. I'll post how they are after I get them.

Reply to
Jakalope

from

I'll post

The Brand is Beams

They are great. I would recomend them. Installed them, they look great, retract well and lock up. I would highly recomend them. The install was pretty simple too.

Reply to
Jakalope