Seat Belts and Chlid Safety Seats

Has anyone installed a rear facing child seat in a type 1. I have a '69 and I'm being harrassed by the wife because she never gets to ride in it with me anymore since we had the baby (4 1/2 months). I'm debating whether I should put seat belts in in the rear seat or just put in some LATCH points with the seat belt bolts.

Can 3 point belts be used in the rear? Where would the shoulder belt be attached?

- Chris

----------------------------------------------- eldgrim(at)yahoo.com

eldgrim

having recently had a child(well the wife did..heh) i have been taking a look at the same thing...i plan to get a seatbelt(lapbelt and not necessarily vw) and atatching it to opposing side bolts..meaning i will be adding a belt to the middle of the backseat...this is supposed to be the "safest" and realistically if you are relatively tall a rear facing seat may have you putting your seat so far forward you won't be comfortable driving anyway...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That is kinda the thought I have been hoovering around lately too.

- Chris

eldgrim

Yes, they can be used. There allready is a mounting point for it, behind the headliner.

Reply to
beetle boy

If it helps, here's a pic:

-- Scott