See there's this Thing....

For a while now, I have spotted a yellow Thing parked outside a house on my way home, maybe 5 miles from my house. It looks to be in somewhat sad shape, missing one headlight and looks like the RR tire may be shredded to pieces. It has not moved, and I don't think it has been touched all summer. Not sure how long it's been there, maybe since I lived in this house (2 years) but only this summer I happened to see it there for the first time. I'm tempted to find out if they would want to get rid of it. If I had a couple hundred to lay on the table..... who knows.

Whatcha think? The top is down and/or missing, so the floorpans and what interior may be there, may no longer "be there". Can't see if it has an engine.

Worth anything? It might alleviate my pain of not having an aircooled VW to tinker with. My neighbor says I can keep it in one of his garages and work on it there. My lease prevents me from having more than 2 cars, and both need to be titled, insured, inspected etc.... i.e. no projects cars littering the landscape. Long story, I had to accept their terms to get the house and the owner was freaked out about my neighbor's "unsightly" yard with vintage MG's scattered all over.

he does have an aircooled bay window bus too so he can't be all bad :)

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I also spotted a DeLorean under a carport on the other side of town, but but it's not what I would want, and probably couldn't be had for a couple hundred bux...

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Don't even think about it, at least talk to the owner.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

outside a house on

somewhat sad

be shredded

touched all

lived in this

there for the

If I had a

floorpans and what

if it has an

aircooled VW

his garages

than 2 cars,

no projects

their terms to

neighbor's

all bad :)

Absolutely go and find out; nothing but a few minutes to lose.

Oh, and... Bay Window type 2 ? He can't be that good, either ;)

Chris

Reply to
ChrisKlinger

:-) It will have "evolved" it's own drainholes by now!

At least stop and say hi - they may tell you to take the manky old wreck away, before they dump it.

More likely they'll say they're going to "restore" it, and it's worth about $25000... seems to be the standard answer!

Allan.

AllanW

[...]

Jan some of the nicest VW's I've had including my blue and silver 64 was a = "get it out of the yard" it would make some of their jaws drop when I drove= them out only after a few minutes of playing with it.=20 It won't hurt to ask

Reply to
Kafertoys