Sermons

Anyone want to burn me the sermons for $15 . If so send me a message to here . Remove all numbers .

snipped-for-privacy@y12a2h3o4o.com.

Thanks ,

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning you the CD.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning you the CD.

Chris

Is she selling them?

Reply to
DogDiesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that material for profit....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Unavailable material . That somebody chooses to not sell. Um No ....Not for profit. For expenses. mail, time and the CD or Dvd. If it bothers you that much you send the $15 to her . I don't care who gets it.

Reply to
DogDiesel

It is your responsibility. Bob wrote often of the Social Contract. You can look it up for free.

Reply to
John Stafford

you want *me* to send her money so you can get the information that her late husband pulled from the market? Boy you sure have some balls.... if you really want the information, it is out there, in print.... all you have to do is get it... or would you rather *ME* do it for you? tough shit, I won't go against Bob's wishes, do the legwork yourself... the information is free of charge if you want it... somehow I feel doing a simple search may be more work than you are willing to do...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Here's a copy of the Sermons.

The Commerce Department is seeking comments on the protection of copyrighted works online.

Randall

Unfortunately it's obvious what will happen: RIAA/MPAA gets more power and citizens/artists lose it even more. As if they had any rights now.

It has happened every time copyright laws have been changed so far, it would be very naive to assume it won't happen now. Congress is very thoroughly bought by RIAA/MPAA.

Not only in US, but in EU too, IFPI says what the laws are and Parliament says yes to everything.

That won't help individuals at all: Cost of sueing (for copyright infringement) is so high that it will stay as a privilege for the ultra rich, ie. record labels.

That's very intentional and won't change.

Reply to
Tuomas

You offered to contact her. i didnt ask you.

if you

No its not. Its been removed.

all you have to

Its been removed.

From everywhere. Even archives.

Reply to
DogDiesel

no sir, I did NOT.... you even quoted my reply, but somehow got the above from it? very odd, indeed...here it is, again, in it's entirety: "not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that material for profit...."

I don?t see an offer from me of any type there...

no, it's out there...

odd, since I can find Bob's sermons and all his contributions to this group(and there are many) with a simple search... as I said, you don't

*want* to find it...
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Heres the quote.

I would at least look for ways to send contributions to his widow for every copy made and shared. I suppose she could decline and allow us to distribute Bob's work free if she so chooses. I have tried to contact her through the Blog on another matter, but received no reply.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. "I would at least look for ways" was interpreted wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I thought Bob wanted people to share who aren't selling his posts. I'm not doing this for profit. Means don't make any cash from it. I wanted to make a manual to put in my garage.

And further research I came upon many post about the removal of the sermons . I don't care to get involved. I see now he just decided he didn't want anyone to have any of it.

End of that.

I never heard of the guy until about 2 months ago.

Although I met the "other" pilot Bob Hoover before the Feds tried to steal his license away. Thinking he was going to have a heart attack. When he was doing "both engine off" barrel rolls at airshows in a shrike commander. With the gear down.

Furthermore I found some of his material last night and this morning. I found Grendels saga last night and wished I found it this morning. Because I was up for 4 hours . I rode a 82 Goldwing to Alaska ,And I had no issues. And it was nowhere near as bad as this.

I found the Christmas story. And a bunch of his posts.

Somebody pointed me to the Tulz last month. But I found a 9and a half Tulz I think. Just now.

I found a reference to an driving to Inuit story. And a site about a bunch of people riding up there in VW vans. But Bob wasn't listed as driving there or coming on the trip later.

So once again . I apologize for offending some people.Who have history with Bob or his wife.

I suppose I could find me another 85-92 Diesel Golf or a Caddy Diesel , instead of a bug an the issue is resolved.

Vern Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

DogDiesel

In simple terms, Bob's "Sermons" are a compilation of his individual posts and articles he wrote on several different forums.

If you happen to search Usenet and see him reply to someone with tech advice, you are in fact reading a piece of the Sermons. The only thing you are missing is the hard work of combing through the electronic universe and collecting them all into one CD. THAT is what the Sermons were. A collection of tech advice and articles, edited and produced into a format that is easier to read and browse through.

The source material is still out there, scattered around in a million pieces.

It is difficult to delete messages you send to Usenet. I worked for a phone company/ISP and I for a while moderated this group by deleting inappropriate posts. Mere mortals cannot :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I just found the REAL Bob Hoover Inuvit run. On the NEW type2 site. I only read the last page. Which explains why I couldn't get anything from the old site.Its all moved.

I was supposed to put my attic stairs together today. So I can get my camping gear out of my living room. But it might not happen. I'm not sure but it looks like there's more Hoover material then the 800 pages of the sermons. Does the sermons just cover VWs and some writings . Or did it cover all his aircraft VW writings too .

This is going to be some awesome reading.

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

Since we both go back here a long time and "knew" Mr. Hoover I will give my thoughts on this.

  1. I am sure Bob would like his writings to be an asset to the Vw community even after his death, and therefore made available.
  2. I have a legit copy of the Sermons bought from the original source BusBoys or something like that, a Type 2 company anyways.
  3. Under Norwegian law I am entitled to make a backup copy of any Cd/Dvd bought by legit means. So if I kept the backup and sold the original I would be covered legally for the sake of argument.
  4. I personally really see no reason for not making this material available for the greater good of the community as a whole.
  5. And just for clarity, the original is nothing more than a "Home burned" copy, not that it matters much, just the fact.

Your thoughts?

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

There are no aircraft writings on the Sermons, it is however freely available on some Yahoo group I think, shall see if I can find a Bookmark on my pc, I know I saved it somewhere..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I cannot remember what is on here, it 'should' contain the HVX mods. including CAD drawings, unfortunately I could not find a Mac program compatible with the format.:

Here is a link to a Google search string compiled by another user here on RAMVA, unfortunately I cannot remember who put it together to give him the proper kudos:
J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Thats the law in the US . You are allowed to backup the original. For instance, To give one to your kids to play in the minivan. Knowing they will eventually step on in the back of the minivan. Then you can burn them another from your original.

So if I kept the backup and sold the original I

Well, you will still have a backup.

My opinion is slightly biased because of Sony installing root kits in peoples computers.Who bought Cds. Against federal law. Which tagged peoples PCs. Which prevented the CDs from being played in other players . Or computers . It almost destroyed the internet as we know it. But they backed down. And recalled the CDs. The record and movie insustry has changed formats many many times. And most people replaced those formats with newer formats. Which was nothing but free money for those indusustries. From everyone who didnt want to transfer their movies and music to new formats. By buying the hardware to do so.

I dont either. But as Bill Gates put in the newspaper in full page ads around 1981. I want to get paid for software. . But from reading some of Bobs posts. I can see that he got pissed off and decided to pull his writings. Fine. He didnt want to deal with it. I can get that. I refuse to deal with things that are a lot less trouble then that. And as most things we are passionate about. It Become 10 % the good part. And 90% dealing with the side issues. When we try and make money from it. It looks to me like Bob didnt want to do the 90% part. Which would of involved paying to make ever changing encrypted copies. And charging enough to compensate for the thefts. And dealing with everyone else who is selling aftermarket products to VW hotrodders. There's always been two sides to card. Original, and hotrods. Im not a hotrod fan. I always like original engineering. I myself worked on old Beech 18s and DC3s and went onto airliners. So I can feel for him.

Bob couldnt have it both ways. He cant pick and choose who gets the CDs. His Social utopia doesnt exist. Or stop copies being made. Being a stand up , principaled man. Who didnt want to deal with commercial sales and the issues. He withdrew them. I respect that.

Personally. I think he should of bypassed the CDs and wrote a book. Which would of been lightyears ahead of the idiots guide.

Or set up a deal to help out his widow upon his death.

Sure. encryption was much different 10 years ago. And if they are burned CDs. They arent going to last either. They better be backed up. Im betting some are shot already. Preferably on a Verbatim or better disc.

Your thoughts?

I just gave them. i would rather buy the CD . But Ive found a lot of his writings now. And they appear to be going on my pc in pdf format. I just bought some notebooks. Im printing off his stuff when Im done. Not going to the CDs.

My offer still stands. Anyone want to sell their CD . Email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoonospam.com Remove no spam. So we can get addresses exchanged.

Let me know what you want for it.

Diesel.

.