Servicing ACVW's along California's Central Coast

Seeking recommendations for air-cooled repair guys along US 101 in the San Fernando Valley, to Ventura, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Pismo, San Luis Obispo, San Simeon, then up Highway 1 all the way to Big Sur. I have the opportunity to take the Wonderbus up the coast a week from now. Reckon it would be smart to bring a list of places where broken bits can be repaired.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

ilambert

I thought that there was a list of people you could get help from listed on The Samba but now I cannot find it. Ah! It was on type2.com. Try clicking on these maps for CA people who can help.

Michael Cecil

I highly recommend John Larson, West Coast Garage, 105 - B East Mill, Santa Maria, CA 93454, (805) 925-1993. Very honest, and personable. He did an engine replacement, and changing out of cables, plus tie rod replacement. Work done professionally, very prompt, and at a fair price. I would not hesitate returning.

Reply to
Emily Steed

Oh, the Wonderbus and I are /ready./ We're going to kick some serious

21st century competitive Asian car /ass/ on the freeway! Of course, at a prudent speed of 65 mph or less, depending on engine heat. But taking a 71 bus up the California coastline . . . I mean . . . it's like . . . WOW, man! Where's my Strawberry Alarm Clock albums? Vanilla Fudge? 13th Floor Elevator? Cream? Blue Cheer? Somehow I lost track of them in the mid 70's.

But the hot tubs at Esalen are still there! Yee haw!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

...........If I had a hippie bus and was touring the coast, I'd be playing Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird on my 8 track.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

What the heck does that have to do with hippie music from the psychedelic era?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

..............He wants us to change the direction of our lives but I don't want to.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Then you need not. Ignore that man.

Carry on, nothing to see here.