Shifter

I have a 1970 Bug (Sand rail now) Picked it Dead and so far a new ingition system and a bit of electrical wiring it is running great.

The Problem I am having is a VERY sloppy shifter. Imagine a stick in a bowl of Jello

Takes 3 - 4 tries to find a gear and when you do you pray that it is the right one.

when in gear, it stays there and does not jump out of grear unless you are ripping along a rough road at 45MPH so from this I can assume the transaxle in not blame but rather the connection at the floor on the bottom of the stick.

Is there a short Shift kit?

Anyhting I should know/ do before I tear it apart.

where to get parts for this job as I know my local NAPA/Canadian Tire does not have them.

Thanks

Adrian

Reply to
Smithers

Could be the shift rod bushing is shot. If so, it inexpensive to fix, and more of a pain in the ass than difficult to replace. Here's a good place to look:

ccr

Man; I wish you would warn us when linking to pages with pop-ups! I understand you needing free webspace, But please tell us there are pop-ups (THREE, no less) in your post. Thanks, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Michael Cecil

and man i wish everyone knew how to post...a quote would help out sometimes....

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

------------------- Chris Perdue

************* Hi Chris, Didn't think it was necessary; I wasn't answering any specific question... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

fair enough Paul...i just did not understand the post....

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

question...

******* Also; please realise I'm accessing the group via the "Talk About Network".
order to post the text from the previous poster, I have to copy & pastethe text & then add the "greater thans" & etc. to make it understandable.It's a major flaw of their service. I *do* have a new modded computer & Imay find a good newsgroup reader when I start using it... :-)~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver