single carb + manifold into dual carb bus?

I have 1973 1700cc engine in my bus

the carbs have problems. Missing solenoids, stripped screw holes, etc.

I have an intake manifold + carb from a 1600cc 1971 bus. I know that it is in fine working order.

Can I put this single carb into the 73? Will the manifold bolt to the head?

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

no. the 1700 is a type 4 engine which has different intake manifolds than the t1.

i just took off a weber single progressive and manifolds on my son's 73 with a 1800, replaced them with a set of dual 40 idf's. nice difference.

the carb ran, but some fiddling with jets is necessary to get these carbs to run worth a crap. from what i hear from everybody.

if interested, i'll let them go for 50$.

in my opinion -- stick with the dual carb setup.

Reply to
ysail1