So. . . do you guys remember us?

Kath and Her Majesty - the bus that makes people smile?

Well. . . if you do, would you reply? Cause I have a few questions. Been out of the loop for a while.

THANKS!

Kath and HerPurpleness

HerMaj

Ben Boyle

Last I recall, you had a Rancho transmission issue with the purple loaf. And didn't you move out of Mammoth?

And you thought we weren't taking notes...

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

Yeah. . . packed it up and moved to Montana!

AND. . . not that it's related to this, but. . . I need some parts for Her Purpleness. . and. . . what in the FrickityFrack happened to Rocky Mountain MotorWorks?

AND. . . where are you guys buying parts these days?

THANKS!

Kath

Reply to
HerMaj

Kath! You were in Montana last I heard....

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

They got absorbed by Mid America aka The Real Source.

just give old

a ring unless you need like more specialized body panels or something.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Kath!!!!

Welcome back honey :D

I'm sure several of us missed you, I sure did.

Now what can we do for you?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks, Guys! (sorry for the weird formatting, I am NEW to this GOOGLE usenet stuff)

It's good to be back!

Been REALLY busy with the move and all. . . and now that we're all settled in, it's time to do some stuff to the Old Girl.

Gotta tie up a few loose ends so we can sell her!

CAN YOU BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT?

Frickazee!

But. . . Blanchard Guitars is RIPPING and neither of us has the time to keep her up to speed. She REALLY needs to be in the hands of somebody like one of you dads! We have been trying to make this decision for a year - and even though it FULLY BROKE MY HEART to make it, I will say that the final decision to pass her on was LIBERATING! The tears have been shed, the decision has been made. . . now all we have to do is tighten up a couple things so we know that somebody will be getting a nice, together BEAUTY RIDE!

She needs a steering box and rubber seals for the front doors. The ones they put in at time of resto are SHOT - and were shot within just months of the replacement. So I want GOOD ONES, like the ones Rocky Mountain used to sell. I used that kind on the slider and engine compartment and they are like BRAND NEW after all these years!

SO. . . does aircooled.net sell that kind of stuff?

AND. . . just thought you guys should know that the 1600 cc dual port, new FACTORY engine I bought from John ROCKS! She's smooth and WAY stronger than the GEXs I had been using!

AND. . . Rancho did a KILLER job rebuilding her original transaxle! The first time around they sent me a rebuild and it was pretty sucky. . . but after talking with them, we decided to have her original rebuilt. . . and it all worked out BEAUTIFULLY!

SO. . . any help you can render in steering (pun intended, I guess) me toward those new parts would be much appreciated.

And. . . if any of you know of someone who would LOVE to have this gorgeous, well loved, 1968 deluxe transporter, let me know. She's not officially for sale yet, but she will be within a couple of months. As soon as we do the little bit of work she needs!

YIKES!

Didn't I just say the tears had been shed?

HolyMcGuillicutty. . . it seems like that may have been a premature statement!

:-(

:-)

Keep the MAGIC alive!

Kath HighAtopTheDrumlinInTheDeepNorthWoods

HerMaj

snipped-for-privacy@BlanchardGuitars.com wrote in news:1109864031.367475.24430 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

premature> statement!

Wow. I haven't heard anyone say "Holy McGillicutty" for at least a million years.[1] It sounds like the sort of expression the cowboy actor Andy Devine might have used.

Too bad about your truck.

[1] Except for Sept. 1999 in rec.birds: "... Kath here with an Eastern Sierra Hummingbird Update! Holy McGillicutty!"
Reply to
cloud8

HolyMcGuillicutty, I've been GOOGLED!

:-)