some covvc show pics

I posted some digital pics I took while I was at the COVVC show. This was by far the biggest COVVC show yet. It was much better than last years in my opinion. VW Trends was there. They didn't look quite so busy like the last couple of years. Every time I walked by there was nobody stopping by their booth. Darn I shoulda got a pic of that... The swap area was much larger and had many more traders as well this year. I did manage to pick up a couple of glove box doors for the '66 with good latches on them. I also picked up a stering column with a broken shaft for the '77. It had the key with it. :-) So now I can put the correct steering column in the baja project and have a key for it.

The '77 baja project page has been temporarily deleted and show pics posted

It will probably be closed down for a while after too many hits. :-( So keep trying....

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

dragoneyre

I actually did not make the show this year. My buddy that usually goes with me got invited to a BMW sponsored race driving type school, and was allowed to bring a friend, so I went. It was all free which was cool. It was amazing. The instructors were professional drivers flown into town for the school. Michelon (sp) donated the tires for the cars that we were thrashing in the track. They said that the way we were abusing those tires, they would probably only get 35 or 40 miles off of the tires. The first exercise in the car was to get it up to about 50, and slam on the brakes as hard as you can which did not do much to help the life of the tires. We also had a timed relay type race against another team of drivers. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Maybe I'll make to Cincy in September, too far out to say yet. I've got some Cigars on their way up... I'll set a few back:)

John

Reply to
dragoneyre

Cigars would be good. I usually have some lawn chairs set up and a cooler at my car if anyone going needs to rest for a while.