Some things never change...........

You guys crack me up.....

The "Shag topics", the "Jan answers", John Conolly, etc. RAMVA is still the same, nothing really changes.

Idle moment, reading my RAMVA (don't do that much at all lately) haven't finished my 'cube yet (Jan, remember?), can't go to bed just yet.....

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm just waiting for the snow to melt here in New England (4-8" coming tomorrow night....). Have to rebuild the generator in the '50 by spring, and the '57 (yeah, old "Zinny") made a "pop" sound when I drove it into the shelter for winter last Dec., and the clutch pedal had to be pressed about twice as far to disengage it (smart money's on the center weld of the clutch cable tube having broken loose, time for some ugly surgery...............)... but I'm still around.

I'll have some pics of the new "Man Cave", the detached shop in my new house, later.. I'll post links.....

Take care,

John Henry Zarwerks(.com) snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Reply to
John Henry

Snow? What's that?? We're expecting 71º here in sunny Idaho tomorrow. We haven't had snow on the ground here in my part of the state (south east/Boise) yet this winter. While that's good for my hog farm (no deep mud), it's bad for all the other farmers. Welcome back, John. Stick around for a while....

Neil

Reply to
Neil

:D Why change perfection

I most certainly do :) hehehehe I have spread our religion around actively, and our congregation of 'cube worshippers has grown nicely.

Would like to see you here more John... We miss you :)

yea go ahead, make us hate ya ;)

Me, I'm forced to move out of my house, losing my sauna, yard, heated garage and 3 workshop rooms... Moving out this coming summer. House changed ownership and new owner wants to move in. I was renting teh place and it was supposed to be secure for years to come. Not that it matters anyway, I have bigger plans involving a certain Florida babe and moving out of this house anyway... ;)

You too John, and don't be a stranger anymore.. you know this is home for you ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hi John

I am relativly new to RAMVA, but have been reading your site for age's !

Now without trying to sound like a teenage pop fan - I just wanted to take the opportuninty to say "Hi" Love the site, I Keep checking for updates ! I have a mirror on my harddrive to make reading quicker ! Nice to sorta meet you

Rich

John Henry wrote:

Reply to
tricky

When I become a part of "the standard" or "the norm" there is something VERY WRONG going on. :-) Good to hear from you, John! I'm glad things are going well for you.

Reply to
Shag

hey john i'm still here lurking, and learning. oh, crap ! just broke my semi lurker status. good to see you stop in. kathy meyers stopped in the other day. i like her. she reminds me of an old ex hippie friend of mine that is also my personal vw guru.

keep up the good work on the bugshop. i refer to it occasionaly (sp?).

Reply to
bob

""

Thank God. A visual I can do without.

My "roots" are always at RAMVA........

Jan wrote:

Reply to
John Henry

Nice to hear from you Bob, I remember you too..

Ok, heres a directory I set up on my ISP:

The pics may not be in any particular order. Just click on them one at a time, then hit your back button and select the next one.

I moved last summer, bought a new house about 45 mins from my old one. No one big reason for moving, but lots of small ones. The house had a 2 car garage attached, and a 2 car detached garage. Of course I was all over that!!!

So the building was a "bare stud walls" building. Last year, I built 22 ft. of work benches, custom storage drawers, shelves. Installed my big old fat compressor from my old house in the corner. Ran copper air lines up and over to the work bench, adding "pull down" air (always wanted that...!) along the way. An air tap outside the shop lets me do pressure blasting from a pressure pop (sand blasting) out in the woods off the yard.

The lower 4' of the walls are painted plywood, the upper 5' drywall.

In Dec, I installed a 100K BTU Ruud furnace I got from an HVAC contractor ($200). Cost me $700 to have an underground nat gas line installed to it. But that thing is the bomb! Work in a T shirt out there when it is 9 degrees outside! I will drywall the ceiling this summer.

Part of the deal for the '51 standard sunroof (an "11E") I bought in '02 was to remove a '52 standard that had had the roof cut off and was behind this guy's barn for 26 years. Needless to say it was QUITE rusty. The dash was perforated in a few places, but I couldn't just throw a split dash away.

So I endeavored to make some "wall art" out if it and after welding an angle iron frame behind it, mounted it over the door in my shop. My vintage friends donated all kinds of stuff it needed, including some tattered split glove boxes. One buddy of mine even drove by with a birds nest!

I gutted an old split pod clock and engineered a battery operated movement in there, so it keeps "real" time. I can even change the battery without taking the whole thing down off the wall. The steering wheel spins, and notice that everything on the dash is basically cracked or broken. The plate below it it is the body number and ID plate from that car. VERY rusty.

The fridge from the old house is in there, stocked with a wide selection of beer, and I have cable and high speed internet wired out there as well. Stereo of course, and Black Beauty and glass bead blasting cabinets.

Life is good, I can't complain. Haven't done much on the '51 yet, both the '50 and '57 will need some minor repairs before spring/summer driving season. Zarwerks has kept me pretty busy, but "funds" my hobby well.

Anyway, enjoy the pics, y'all be good. Nice to hear back from you guys, thanks for the kind words!

JH

bob wrote:

Reply to
John Henry

ok, john, i'm copying your drawers !! 1 by 4's ?? they look simple to make.

how wide are they?? did you have to use heavy duty drawer guides??

hey, a good idea is a good idea. and they look like a good idea for me.

Reply to
bob

Top ones are 1x4s, bottoms 1x6s. Had a friend who makes furniture rabbit the corners for me. 100lb rated ball bearing full extension slides (HD, about $27/pr It think). Sides are grooved about 1/2" from the bottoms. The bottoms are 1/8" masonite, but it must be screwed to the "1 by" cross dividers or it will sag.

They are fantastic for storing tools, etc. mine are a full 2' deep and

42' wide (I think). Had some shallower ones in my old place, had to replace them... with twice as many and bigger ones.

I found some U channel alum> ok, john,

Reply to
John Henry

Hey John Hows it going. I to have taken a little break from the VW onlinr scene .Been swamped at the shop) but hope to get around to the shows and see hwat everyone else has been doing over the winter. hope to see you at a show take it easy

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

John Henry wrote in news:9stXd.42551$Xn1.8421 @fe06.lga:

John, what is the box under the cabinet top with the analog meters on it? Is that a stereo?

Reply to
TerryB