Somebody please wake me !!

Basically .. My 67 bus is home .. it is drivable .. and .. oh .. I can't think of anything else nice to say.about this bus buying experience... IT HAS BEEN FROM HELL !!! Somebody please wake me . I am having a horrible dream !!

A bunch of pictures and me feeling sorry for myself !!
The whole horrible story .. I am sure I am forgetting the really bad stuff.

PEACE !!

-

Diane Vee

-- ·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) 67 VW Bus ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.· ______________________ You are driving down the Highway of Life. . You spot another VW in the opposite lane ... As you pass,hands go up ... Eye contact is made and you both smile ... VW's are more than just transportation ... They're your soul, your inner peace ... and sometimes your worst nightmare.

..

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Anonymous

Oh man, I really do feel your pain and frustration.. and I can't believe what idiots you managed to find to work on your bus! Stay the f*ck away from them! A 5 year old could do better!

Engine lid won't open because the (hacked up & ruined) rear bumper is in the way?!?!? Oh my God! LOL

ROTFLMAO

I'm sorry baby, I just have to laugh.... not at you, but at these morons who think they know which end of the hammer to hold....

Guys, anyone near Diane in Florida who could step in and REALLY help out? I'm nowhere near of course, otherwise I would have volunteered ages ago.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Agreed. Where are you located Diane ?

Randy

RSMEINER

FLO-RI-DA

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I am in Orlando.

Here is my VWOA report. You see .. they will sue anyone and everyone but will NOT stand up and protect their customers who are victims of other mechanics.

Just got back from the VW Authorized Dealership Inspection. Didn't go as well as I hoped. The person who made my appointment said "yes you can" to so many things, pictures etc .. Dropped off my bus .. she filled out the paperwork .. then the service manager called me into his office .. closed the door and said "I smell a law suit and VW does not want to get involved." In any case .. NO .. I could not go in and take pictures of the bus when it is on the lift. They did an inspection and here is what they wrote.

FLUID LEAK ENGINE - This cost me $76. plus tax

Customer states that she had her engine re-built and after having the engine re-built she noticed engine oil leak. The aftermarket shop said they replaced the case. Customer has concern about the after market shop doing what they said they did. Please advise.

Tech found a small leak detected at the case half where it meets with transmission. Small leak detected from overflow tube.

That was ALL .. There were also some notes not on here, that I was not allowed to photo copy and it would not fit into the space given for her to type on my invoice.

I jotted it down.

Something about rust near the steering box .... and rear axel snubbers are gone.

Diane

Reply to
::: QOAM :::

Someone in the SE VW club should be able to steer you to a good shop. There is a good one in Jacksonville but I just can't remember the name of it right now. Nice folks at that shop.

I would have thought you should have been able to get a copy of all the report from the shop since you paid for it.

Randy

RSMEINER

Anonymous wrote in news:3f4144d4_5@127.0.0.1:

There, there. It looks like anything that was going to go wrong already has. If you stick with it and find the right people to help, you'll never regret it. I had a '67 bus that a buddy and I drove to California...wish I had it now...you and that bus are gonna have some fine road trips. There's a Type 2 network that you might want to check out for advice called (duh)

though the site was down when I tried it just now. Gook luck!

Reply to
cloud8

Maybe Lauren could point you in the right direction. (vwgirl). she's in florida isn't she? Or has Chris scared her off again.

Why was your bus at a vw dealership? My experiences have led me to believe they don't know anything about these old cars ;p

Hang in there Diane, it's all going to be worth it. I know exactly how frustrated you are, I've been there. Your bus is home, its drivable. Enjoy it. It may not be beautiful yet, but it doesn't need to be today or even tomorrow. You've got time to cherish it and love it, and find the right person to help you and be patient with the process. It's a 67 bus that's lived through 34 years of rough treatment and neglect it's going take some time.

-- Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy"
Reply to
BugBum