Son rolled his 63 Bus :(

He was driving the '63 camper( Father & Son project) he was going to fast down a steep hill downshifted lost the rear end rolled 2X and went nose first into a telephone pole. He is OK black and blue/stitches . I guess it wasn't his time to go...I'm stripping the bus now I had to use a floor jack to push the steering wheel/dash/ parcel tray awayfrom the seat to pull it out. Cut the wheel wells out and engine lid/rear apron they were the only parts undented or not ground down from sliding/rolling down the hill. I hate getting Hospital calls. He'll be without a license for awhile(DUI). At least that will give him time to put his '70 Beetle together. I did the same sort of thing when I was his age (20) so I can't preach too much. Lloyd ( with a bus drive train in the garage) McClelland

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:26:31 -0700, "Lloyd McClelland" ran around screaming and yelling:

glad he is okay for the most part...

you can and should "preach"....hopefully he has learned from his "mistake"(we will call it that, although i see nowhere it could have been one), but it is possible he has not...he needs to realize he is damn lucky to be "okay" and that this kind of "mistake" is unacceptable...next time he may live and have to suffer another DUI, while others may not be so lucky due to his "mistake"...

JT(sorry but i have had to experience the "other side" of irresponsible drivers)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

glad to hear he is ok.

too bad for the bus : (

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

.................I know how relieved you must have felt when you learned that your son was OK. Our daughter totaled our Honda Del Sol almost three years ago. When a woman at the scene called me with her cellphone and told me to get to the accident scene.............I was stunned and couldn't help thinking the worst as I was driving to the accident site. I was as happy as I've ever been in my life when I saw that she only had minor bruises and was able to walk to my car. I didn't even think about getting angry about her reckless high speed driving habits that resulted in a near tragedy until the next day. Thankfully, she seems to have become a much safer driver since then and hasn't been in any trouble while driving for the past few years.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

I am very glad your son is okay. He's young and those bruises and bumps will go away pretty fast. And I'm glad he didn't take out some innocents at the same time.

Reply to
jjs

Main thing is that he will be OK. And it sounds like you are well qualified to help him sort it all out, having "been there, done that". Now _that's_ a great Father & Son project. I'll be pulling for you guys!

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Glad to hear that your son is ok. That is the most important thing. Sorry to hear about the bus. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Some people seem to need that one accident before they get the right attitude towards motoring. And how do I know that? Totalled a=20 Fiat 127 after having had my license for 4 months in 1991. And I had had some close ones before that that did not make me to see things clearly. Haven't had an accident since that would have been my fault.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Thank the good Lord your son is alive. Thank the good Lord he didn't kill anyone else by driving intoxicated. Even if you did the same thing when you were 20, you can and should "preach" to him. Hopefully YOU learned from your mistakes. You need to make sure he does too.

Again, I'm glad to hear he is ok. Good luck with everything, and take care of yourself and your family.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to