Sorry, forgot to add to my other topic

I posted about making my bug a daily driver on the interstate. I just wanted to say what I already did to it. It has all new brakes, new hardware, shoes, drums, all new rubber hoses, even to the fluid reservoir. I replace all the rubber fuel line with fuel injection rated fuel hose, even under the gas tank. Put in petronix eletronic ignition. Got a optima battery that powers my stereo and amp. New cooper tires. New shocks, new steering dampener, got an alignment. I should probably check out the CV joints but I've never messed with those and I'm a little apprehensive. All new wheel bearings. Total tune up on the engine, which it didn't really need but I did anyway (never hurts to have a spare set of plugs, wires, and a distributor cap and rotor I figure, I also keep the old points in the car). Lets see, what else...New heater boxes from Denmark (they cost a fortune!!!) but they work really great, especially with the hood seal I got that goes on the hood itself. I left the one on the body, and don't seem to have any problems. No more breeze through the dash at all. New window rubber scrapers, need to do the vent wing seals but I can't figure out how. Still need an electric windshield washer squirter, hope it comes with instructions and a diagram because the previous owner took out most of the tubing, so it'll all have to be replaced. Mabye someone on here knows how it goes exactly, I can't find it in my bently manual. I need a new driver's side seat, the frame broke and it's being held up by wire. That's really the only thing broken on the car besides the rear window defogger. I also need a new steering wheel, I had an aftermarket smaller one with a vw logo for the horn, but it broke somehow and the button is jammed in. I had to pass the state inspection by taking the whole thing off and just grounding out the wire hehe. Humm...I'm rambling...it's what happens when I get all excited about my car, I got

2 weeks off to tinker with it. One weird thing though, sometimes the stereo just shuts off and restarts itself. I had a friend who does electrical work come look at it and we made sure I was using the right power source, I forget which fuse I hooked it up to, but the fuse never blows. Humm..guess that's all for now. Sorry about rambling, I get a little excited, especially now that my car is really taking shape and is drivng and looking more like it was brand new. It's amazing, when I bought that car at 16 I knew nothing about cars, had no tools, no experience. Now 7 years later I have a gigantic collection of tools, I've pulled the engine out twice by myself, and did all the improvements I've made myself. Thank you newsgroup and bently manual. I don't post here too often, I can usually find my answers just by searching. It's a great resource. There are also 2 really good vw stores in KC that will get alot of my money I'm sure. Ok, I must stop now, I can talk about my car forever. It's my dream car, can you blame me? Anyway, if you read this far thanks. If you have any ideas for more improvements for daily driving I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Reply to
jhvw2000

if you really want this car to be an interstate driver, it would be a good "improvement" to go to front disc brakes....i know you just renewed the brakes, but drums are not the best if you need to haul it down from 70mph in a hurry.... i won't ever have another vw with front drums....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani