Source for hood vent cover

Hello,

I hope to find a source for an old accessory, or perhaps someone can tell me how they solved this issue. My hood seals great, but thru a series of tests i have determined that the drafts in the cabin of my car are from air lieaking thru the hood vent and the air box below it. That area does not seal well, and more air is forced into that area then that plastic box can seal.

I thought there once was a little cover you could put on the exterior of your car. My vehicle is fully restored, so duct tape is out of the question!

Thanks.

Reply to
vgonman

did you replace the seal that sits atop the freshair box to seal to the hood?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yes, it has been replaced. Here is how i tested, though...I removed the glovebox and radio, and thus could actually feel where the air came in. I wish i could have had the experience of driving a brand new Type 1 in the day to see how there were no drafts---maybe there were. I am just trying to get a heads up on winterizing the car. The hood is adjusted correctly, i just seems that once the air goes into the airbox, it has to go somewhere.....even if the box flaps are closed---it still leaks out of there for it is just not able to seal tightly.

Reply to
vgonman

Bet you the whole hood is what leaks air into the luggage compartment.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I ended up placing a sheets of insulation on the bottom of the area and then wrapping it up the back of the instrument area

Simple and expedient

Reply to
John J

Yes, it has been replaced. Here is how i tested, though...I removed the glovebox and radio, and thus could actually feel where the air came in. I wish i could have had the experience of driving a brand new Type 1 in the day to see how there were no drafts---maybe there were. I am just trying to get a heads up on winterizing the car. The hood is adjusted correctly, i just seems that once the air goes into the airbox, it has to go somewhere.....even if the box flaps are closed---it still leaks out of there for it is just not able to seal tightly.

Reply to
george taylor

.

I will give it a serious look again today. Thansk for the ideas.

Reply to
vgonman

I have one of those hood scoops e-mail me and we can work out details

Reply to
Kafertoys

To the original poster, deal with Mario Gavazzi at your own risk.

ryan68bug