source for new horn ring?

I'm looking for a new horn ring for my 1971 Ghia.

I was told that these might still be available new. I want the dull satin finish, not the chrome. If they are not available new, anyone know of a good source to find a used one in excellent condition (other than eBay, which I check daily)?

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Han

They are comman, and available new.

Aircooled.net has a good price....

Or if you want to spend more money, go here...

J Stafford

be careful on how a store "defines", OEM or NOS. There is a BRAND called "OEM", just for this reason.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

John Connolly

Why am I not shocked? Many years ago, the Japanese named a town Usa for the same reason: MADE IN USA

Reply to
J Stafford

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:44:34 GMT, "Han" scribbled this interesting note:

Funny, the aircooled.net listing does indeed mention the fact that the horn ring is a reproduction, the Motorworks site makes no mention of if it is a factory VW original or reproduction (although the fact that they don't say is indicative, don't you think?) Wolfsburg West also lists one and theirs is about the same price as the Motorworks listing. Somehow I believe all of these are reproductions. If you want an original, look on ebay or the Samba and you'll eventually find one, although condition will be variable at best!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

What's Samba (besides SMB/CIFS support for Linux)?

It's true, Motorworks doesn't actually say "OEM". I suspect it's a repo. Supposedly the satin finish was for 1971 only.

House of Ghia has a nice used satin horn ring on hold for another customer, but the guy has yet to come in and buy it. I'm going to pester them to sell it to me. :-]

Han

You got a picture of what this horn ring looks like ? I have a couple of used steering wheels from ghias up in the barn.

Randy

RSMEINER