South african VW lovers?

How many of you are in south africa? Inbetween i know of 2 persons (who know i talk about them :). It would be interesting to know.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Have a question for you if you are from South Africa. Have you ever heard of a company there called Laser Cut International. It is owned by a guy named Philip Malan. He had an office here in the states and closed up shop and left the country owing me some money for work performed. Any help appreciated.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Hi Guys

I'm from South Africa, and been in contact with Bart. Sorry Bill never heard of Laser Cut International, do you know which city they are based in? I'm on the east coast close to a city called Durban.

Regards Kev>

Reply to
Kevin

I beleive it was Johannasburg (sp) His wifes name was Ann Marie. The deal was that I was cleaning his office once per week, on Wednesday nights. Went there one night and he was gone for good. Would have been nice to have received a phone call so I would not have wasted a trip. Would be cool if a bunch of Aircooled VWs showed up at his office one day to take him to task.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Is importing a South African Vanagon into the US out of the question?

---end---

Reply to
Grape Daddy

THe problem is that a car has to meet the standards for the year it was built to be imported into the US. So, this means that it is unfortunately out of the question legally. "Grape Daddy naxs.com>" Is importing a South African Vanagon into the US out of the question?

Reply to
Ben Boyle

In south africa, we drive on the left side of the road, so i think that even if it was possible, that A) the shipping would outweigh the use, and B) the mods neccesary would also make it useless. I know of a lot splits exported to the uk though. And there´s a load of bay window buses here, you find them by the pile in scrap to even good shape. Maybe parts would be good to export. What does a good 1600 engine (dual port) cost in the usa?

Bart Bervoets "Ben Boyle" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

built to be imported into the US. So, this means

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Bart. Am in UK, and just about to pick up my second Bay in 6 weeks, this one hopefully in better shape than the last. I therefore may need some rust free bits. Will let you know ! james

Reply to
Juper Wort