Split window Single Cab

I've found a Split window single cab for sale, looks like late 60's. Surface rust and minor body work will be required, but it is without engine or title. The guy wants $1k for this. My question to the group is does anyone know what this vehicle is worth? and is it worthwhile enough to pick one up that needs a full restore?

Reply to
Ed B

My first question would be: What does it take to get a clear title for it in that particular state? The answer will be different in every state.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Ed split single or double cabs are near the top in value of old Vw's Most done right list around $15k and up.

The real thing to look at are the condition of the gates, they are getting hard to find in retoreable condition.

if its in good condition you might want to buy it just to resale, check the samba I'm sure you don't see S cab selling that cheap. Hope this helps

Mario Vintage Werks restorations

Reply to
Kafertoys

Chech out

for prices. $1000 for any solid split window bus is a good deal anymore, though single cabs are at the bottom of the Bus food chain.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

I have a set of gates in very good condition, i am willing to ship worldwide if someone needs them. I can provide pictures, but they're very nice. Some surface rust but nothing that can't be fixed.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets