Stalling Woes

Greetings all,... I haven't been posting but I have been lurking and leaning,... don't want to say something stupid and get Shaq going .

Anyway,.. we have been running the bug and I've noticed a few things that I need some advice on.

  1. It likes to stall when you first start out,.. she doesn't seem to like the stop start here in the village. Once I get her "Warmed" up she runs great. Any thoughts?

  1. My Turn signal light seems to work only when it feels like it,... where should I look to see if it is a loose wire or something else? They don't come on and the green light on the dash comes on and stay on,.. don't remember if that is the way it is supposed to work .

Today we are taking her for a nice long run,.. 4 hours with pregnant wife and 2 boys (5&7),.. should be interesting . The kids are spoiled and keep asking me why they can't watch a DVD when we are in it .

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Shaq? :)

Tell them to look out of the window instead. Much better resolution than they'd get with a dvd player anyway. ;-)

Reply to
Shag

...............Get them a couple of Gameboys. I would have gone completely nuts on some of our trips back when the kids were little without those things.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

..........I'm just starting to remember what it was like to drive with 2 young children and a pregnant wife. Don't do it! If you have to, use an airconditioned minivan or whatever's available. I have a coworker who took his expecting wife on a trip in a bug that brokedown back during the early eighties. That woman still gives me the stink eye when she sees me driving in my bug and her PW'd husband has sworn an oath to never own one again...........lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Opps,.. sorry about that,.. guess the trip got me all confused .

Reply to
Ken

I'm a lucky man,.. the bug was bought for my wife,.. I'm the one who Has the mini van with the A/C,... If we break down it's her problem,.. not mine .

Reply to
Ken

Check the point gap. Should be 0.016"...at least on my 75 SB. I figured this out when I installed a new carb. Doh!

Tom

Reply to
Bugzai

75 SBs have points in their carbs!?!? Weird! ;)
Reply to
Michael Cecil

....... How long have you been married?? Does she hear you make comments like that?? If my bug breaks down, it's Jan's problem. If the Jeep breaks down, it's definitly Jan's problem since it's his Jeep. If my Mustang breaks down, it's Jan's problem. NEVER would you hear him say "That's your problem, not mine." He values his life too much. If I was your wife (which you should really thank God every day that I'm not) AND pregnant and heard you say that, you'd be begging for death by the time I got through with you. My point is, your wife must really be something. Now go give her preggo belly a hug and tell her how glad you are you married her and not some psycho. :) Awwwwwww.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

ROTFLMAO :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

We have been married for over 9 years now and together for 14,... So she has been hearing these comments all these years now. Yes,.. she is "Something",.. but we won't go there .

I'm a computer dweeb,.. not a mechanic. She knows it,.. I know it,.. and certainly my mechanic knows it . She knows that to call me first is a waste of time,.. though that is what she does . I then call the mechanic to go get her and whatever car she is in and he brings her to me and takes the car to his shop,.. I've never been able to get him to switch that around .

As for the belly,.. well,.. I hug it all the time. And lately it has started to look like a type I VW Bug,.... With real big cylinders ..

Ken

Reply to
Ken

:) SB converted to carb.

Should have elaborated that I couldn't figure out why the new carb wasn't totally fixing the idle problems that I'd been having for months of fiddling around. Took apart and cleaned dizzy and still wanted to die when first starting, then ran fine after being warmed up. I did a point gap check earlier, but must have got loose...and this fixed the crappy-idle-at-start problem. Now it runs like a top!

Tom

Reply to
Bugzai

You are a very brave man, Ken. ( Kinda like Custer as he said to his men "Let's cross that hill, men - I think them Indians are friendly.." :)

Reply to
RemcoW

ROTFLMAO!

K.