Stalls on acceleration

When I hit the gas, my weber carb sounds like it is sucking to much air, than engine dies. I have check for a vacuum leak...I did notice that my exhaust and intake does not get hot. The intake stays ice cold, and the exhaust manifold get only luke warm..any ideas..it ideas fine too.

Reply to
Woody

Need a little more info. What model carb(s) / distributor do you have? Dual carbs or a single center mount?

Dying on acceleration is usually a sign of accelerator pump not squirting enough fuel in as the throttle butterflies open. If you are running the "dreaded" 34PICT-3 + 009 combo you may be suffering from lack of advance on acceleration.

When you say that the intake is "ice cold" and your exhaust is "luke warm"... this is after running your engine for how long?

AshMan40

Reply to
AshMan

Sorry, you said Weber... forget the comment about the Solex 34PICT-3 +

009.

AshMan40

Reply to
AshMan

Oh no. Did you mean one of them big honkin webers with the big fat manifold? Not enough manifold vacuum.

Reply to
pico

I don't know if this will help but here goes. I have dual webers and had some flat spots which disappeared when I put a fuel pressure regulator on them. An old guy told me that the biggest problems with webers is excessive fuel pressure and I should try running them at an even 3 lbs. It worked for me..........I run them at 2.5 lbs and have no hesitations at all with an 009 and stock fuel pump. Good luck...Dennis

Reply to
Dennis