Starter grinding stopped?

In my previous post on Nov 11th, I was wondering what caused it to make a grinding noise...

I removed it, checked for metal shavings and reinstalled it... still the same. I charged the battery and it doesn't grind any more.

Was this a battery issue? Does the starter or solenoid need a min voltage or amperage?

Mel P.

Reply to
Mel P.

I guess if the battery had a limited capacity the solenoid may not throw gear far enough forward to mesh properly. You said it started the motor though, odd one!. Certainly there is a minimum voltage that is needed . One to put down in the odd things worth remembering John

Reply to
John