Steering Wheel Question

Hi All,

I have a 73 Super Beetle with an after-market steering wheel on it. I've not had success in locating a complete, usable stock steering wheel for it, so I'm thinking of putting a bat-wing style on it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place where I can buy both the wheel and any adapters needed?

Thanks, Birdlander

Reply to
Birdlander

Depending on which state you are in -- it probably will NOT pass year inspections if you have them. Even smaller diameter wheels (13" and Hi All,

Reply to
Wolfgang

I may be able to locate a 73 steering wheel for you. If you are still interested, let me know.

Matt S

Wolfgang wrote:

rejected in many states.

Reply to
Matt S

A bat wing as in not a full circle? VERY dangerous! Email me I can come up with a stock wheel for you (I have 6 bugs here). You can email me at imthadriver at yahoo. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

A "bat wing" steering wheel, when talking VW, is a normal (old) full circle steering wheel with 2 spokes, but the shape and details of the spokes resemble bat's wings.

Or so they say.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson