Still carb or intake trouble?

Hello!

------

I lost idle on my 1300 DP -engine. 31 PICT-3 -carb.

Replaced the carb with cleaned and rebuilt one yesterday. Seemed to run = fine.

Now I'm losing the idle again today. Symptoms: uneven running on low = throttle. Accelerates fine on wide throttle and seems to run better with higher = revs. When I lift the pedal up the revs seem to drop a lot more slowly than = before.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

could be timming or bad fuel pressure or what is the condition of your fuel tank, could you be sending rust into your carb?

how about the choke have you set it on the new carb. if you need new

for $8 more
Just a few suggestions hope it helps

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

an idle that is slow to return is indicative of a vacuum leak Olli. Check the intake gaskets, and intake boots

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

------

I lost idle on my 1300 DP -engine. 31 PICT-3 -carb.

Replaced the carb with cleaned and rebuilt one yesterday. Seemed to run fine.

Now I'm losing the idle again today. Symptoms: uneven running on low throttle. Accelerates fine on wide throttle and seems to run better with higher revs. When I lift the pedal up the revs seem to drop a lot more slowly than before.

Suggestions?

Reply to
John Connolly

Thanks for suggestions. The choke seems to be working ok. I'm also = located in Finland, so Cip1 or Aircooled.net serve me only as handy catalogues.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

That damn leak... I've tried to find the possible leak, but with no luck. I even bought new rubber boots for the manifold, but did not install them as they seem to be a bit too loose from the smaller end (see the "DP 1300cc intake manifold diameter" thread earlier this day). The manifold horns seem to be secured tight, but I haven't checked the head to manifold gaskets - taking off the nuts seem to be quite tight fit with tools and hands.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

...............You might not think that your 3rd grade spelling skills are a big deal but now I'm responsible for a crappy idling bug in Finland..............sheesh!

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

So, it was you! ... Damn americans, messing up with my idling.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Hi Oli, Check for vacum leaks using starting fluid; with the car idling aim the straw at various parts of the intake system & spray it lightly - if the idle goes up you've found the vacum leak. HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

I guess I'm about ready to become a teacher here in america.

how come I didn't see you make comments about another posters spelling mistake Tim , or are you just hopeing to become my personal tudor. Jobs yours

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

On 06 Sep 2004 23:12:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kafertoys) scribbled this interesting note:

So now Tim is royalty???

John Willis

....................And a legend in my own mind.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers