Still little engine trouble

Yes, it is waaay better than it was before, thank you RAMVA, but I still are having some isseus.

Before I have had some troubles with a rought running engine. Cleaned the carb, played with volume control screw ánd the idle adjustment screw. The carb was a 31PICT-4. without a some kind of thermostatic device. (read earlier post's)

Now, I have installed a (cleaned and re-gasked) 2nd hand

31PICT-3 with a 6.0 idle Jet, adjusted the carb by ear and now it runs good. There is no flat spot anymore but you can smell the exaustfumes pretty good when heating (maybe the CO is set wrong?)

However the engine still want's to die when on idle and not driven warm. (but warm enough to have the autochoke off) Actually the same problem as before when it all started but then with a smoother/better running engine WHEN running. When warm the engine purs like new. What could be the problem? If I adjust everything with a CO meter ánd set the rpm right should it all be solved or is that not an isseu here?

Any thought's? (or comments on what I have might done wrong))

Thank's in advance, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

a vacuum leak comes to mind. maybe the gaskets where to manifold meets the heads. good luck. g.

Reply to
AYBABTU

Thought about that too since someone mentioned it before... But after spraying Carb cleaner on the gaskeds and boots there was no significant change of rpm. However I will check the gaskets near the heads and it's bold too.

Thanks, Roger

Reply to
bug '59