Stupid Battery Question

Getting the '72 on the road. Needs new battery. Generator model. I'm not using the back seat, so I thought I'd use the big, brand-new battery from my truck. So, can a battery be too large in capacity?

tia

Reply to
JJS

........no

Reply to
Tim Rogers

In general, you'll be fine using it. The Gennie reg will self-limit the charging current to what it's capable of and the voltage regulation will be the same as for smaller batt.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim
12 v is 12 v.

I use a MASSIVE 12 v in my 64 bus. Its great. Never worry about starting, even on the coldest of mornings. Never worry about sitting anywhere waiting and listening to the CD ! for a few hours.

Dont let it go flat though or your gen may work hard to charge it.

Mine will sit for weeks unused and keep a good charge, but I trickle charge it from time to time as a treat !

Rich

JJS wrote:

Reply to
tricky

There's no harm in using a larger capacity battery, but you DO want to pay attention to how the battery mounts. The little hook that holds the standard group 42 battery can dig into the side of a battery not made for this kind of mount and cut thru the side of the case.

-

Jim Adney