Sunroof Failure

Aircoolies,

SB 74 Sunbug. Love the mechanical nature of Bugs, which is why I need to make sure I'm prepared when it breaks down. Always wondered what the most common single point of failure is for the sunroof. I'm guessing it's the cable (I'm assuming there is one up there) that allows the pulley to move it forward/back. Is this what's most probable of happening? Every time I open it, I think about whether a cable or piece would snap and I won't be able to close it...typically during a most heinous thunder or hail storm.

Just want to be prepared, if possible, for a breakdown. And now that I've mentioned it out loud...it's probably bound to happen tomorrow. :P

Tom

Reply to
Bugzai

Guess there's no failures out there? Bring on the thunder and hail storms then! :)

Reply to
Bugzai