Sure is quiet here

i'm okay. just lurking once in awhile. yeah, like i post so much anyway :)

since you are "bored"...... son pulled engine out of his 73 bus along with the tranny, tore it down to the long block, tightened the bolts for the oil filter fitting to fix the oil leak, cleaned things up, reassembled, plug up any holes in tin.

gonna swap the tranny with a another one, redo the cv joints --- thanks to BUG ME VIDEO--- can't say enuff good stuff about them , replace the shifter bushings and is currently waiting a dry day to put it all back in.

perty exciting, huh ???

Reply to
bob

Sure is quiet here, or maybe it's my news server. Y'all okay out there?

Reply to
jjs

........I'm OK. How about you?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

i'm definitely "out there", but not too sure if i'm "okay"...but thanks for asking John....How are *you* doing these days?

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Yes. Too quiet.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Pretty good, Tim! It's below freezing here, but we are alive and kicking. How's it in New England?

Reply to
jjs

............It's hard to tell over here in NY.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

..............So what would you like?

.......An enlightening thread about world affairs? A repeat flame-fest about hard-start relays?

................Oh wait! I know.........how about me getting some help disabling the #$@^&^*^%!!! theft deterrent system on my wife's Lexus? I went to get back in it today at the gas station and when I opened the door, the horn started blowing and the ignition was disabled. I called the dealership on my cellphone and they told me to put the key in the door lock to reset it but they had no idea how I'd triggered it in the first place. The horn is really LOUD on a LS400.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I am still here. Have not had that much to post lately, but still read Ramva everyday. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

RAHHHH ARRHHHH RAHHHHH RAHHH.

There bit noisy now.

james

Reply to
Juper Wort

Sure. We could always talk about election results...

*begins backing away from crowd slowly towards door*
Reply to
Shaggie

Silance says a lot sometimes. I'm here reading everyday. John, you lookin' at your vehicles and your wrenches yet? The brakes on my bus are in need of attention so I might be back on the creeper soon with questions. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

It was deadly quiet at work - election hang-overs for both sides. The only people smiling were the bliss-ninnies. Even the stores were nearly empty. It is downright spooky.

Reply to
jjs

..................Now that this election is over, it would be OK with me if I didn't have to think or hear about politics for a little while.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I'll second that emotion. Some lackwit over on the Vanagon mailing list decided to fire off a post-election diatribe. Most ignored it . . . but a few similarly challenged dunces engaged him. Despite calls from others to refrain from off-topic posts, the flames continue. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO US!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

................The people who live and breath nothing but their own sectarian ideology are full of religious fervor and it's really just like a religion for them. One of my brothers used to be caught up in a far right-wing sect called the missionary alliance and he used to answer the phone with the phrase: 'Praise Jesus my lord and savior' or something like that. When I blasphemed by marrying a Catholic and having my kids brought up in the Catholic Church, He gave up on getting me into heaven..........lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Dunno about the rest of you, but this election took more of my energy than any before. I'm tired. My mate Molly is tired. But we are not giving up on the system, our community, or our friends of different persuasions. Friends is what it is about. We will work it out.

Peace - I'm happy to know all of you. Even our neutralist friend Jan. :)

John

Reply to
jjs

You misspelled "breathe." Hey, it's slow in here. :-) Speaking of answering the phone, the phone message that me and my college roommate used to have was: (sing to the song of Beverly Hillbillies) "Come and listen to my story 'bout 2 single dudes, Missin' phone messages gave them the blues. So they bought the machine that is talkin' to you now.... And if you leave your name and number we'll get back to you somehow!

*pause* UNLESS YOU'RE FAT!"

It's true, I'm the one who came up with it. *grins proudly*

Reply to
Shaggie

I bet when you were in college you also had one of those "NO FAT CHICKS" T-Shorts too ..........go ahead-n-admit it!

( I had one,..........Wore TIDDIES brand sandals, and also had an

"I don't give a DAMN what frankie Say"

Sweatshirt with the arms cut out..........Those were the days)

Yep, Those WERE the days,...............When a chick would say something really smart to you like "Do You Have a Staring Problem?!"

and I could say something equally as intelligent, like "Nope, I think I'm doin' a great job of it."

Yep,....................Those were the days........................ anybody want to add some more memories that are useless?

( this is not a jab , Shaggie,............Just addin' to the fun, I will try to come up with a jab later)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

"This one time, at band camp...."

:D

K. "We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson