T2 1978 Cab Glass Mechanism Removal

Hi all,

Went to wind up the drivers side (RH) window last night and the handle turned, mechanism operated, but glass stayed outta sight!

This morning I removed the trim etc and found that the winder mechanism has separated from the glass support channel. So following my HAYNES manual (or at least trying to) I cant get the mechanism out of the door as it seems to pass above a bolt.

The manual refers to removal of one upper and two lower screws holding the "Front Window Guide Channel" but I can't find any such screws and of course the manual doesn't illustrate that process.

I assume that the front window guide is the piece that separates the fixed quarter window and the moving glass. The bolt that fouls the removal seems to be part of the guide but nothing is achieved by removing it.

I actually want to remove the glass as it has very old tint on it and the removal would be easier if out of the door.

Any suggestion will be GREATLY appreciated

Reply to
Smegggg