Tachometer 2000RPM and only 19 km/h for Golf GLS 2000

It was said it is a aircooled car!

Another problem for the Golf (Auto transmition). When starting the car, step the accelerator until the tachometer reading of 2000 RPM or more, the speedometer remains at around 19 km/h (less than 20km/h). I can hear the sound of the engine, but cannot accelerate the engine. It does not acceralte until the car get some shake. Then it speeds up suddently. Sometimes it accelearte even after I move the foot from the accelerator.

There is a friction sound from the wheel. The steering wheel can feel the friction shake. Sometimes there is nothing completely.

Is it a problem of brake system or transmition?

Looking for some help/suggestion before having it repaired by the dealer. Thank you for your help in advance.

James ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Reply to
James

transmission. Check your fluid. I bet it's dry. Either way, full or dry, get your transmission serviced.

No, your car is not aircooled.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Thank you very much. Your info is very important for me.

James

Reply to
James

Thank you, David.

I went to have it repaired yesterday. The guy asked me to do tune-up. It costed me 500 CDN. And the mechanic changed the brake disk and other stuff for free (under warranty). It seemed good when I went home. But the problem happened again last evening. The secetary told me that the tranmission oil needn't be changed because it is sealed and difficult to do that. (Does transmission belond to Power-train system? Powertrain is still under warranty)

A new problem: After stopping the car with brake while engine running, tachometer should remain at around 10000RPM. But now, the pointer of the tachometer is always shaking a little during that time. Is that a problem related to tune-up? Or it is normal?

Thank you,