Tapping Type4 for Oil Sender

Hi everyone,

I just buy myself a oil temp sender fron bus depot 323888.

They said: Requires tapping a new hole if used on 72-83 aircooled Bus/Van. Did anyone did this before? Where exactly do I have to tap the new hole? I saw on the web that you can replace the sump plate and use one of 914's

Tips on that please Thanks, Patrick '75 1.8fi Kombi

Reply to
<patrickhardy

Only the with the console gauges came with the special drilled sump plate. You cold drill your d\sump and have a nut the size of the sender welded to it. The sender hole on the is at a -5 degree angle.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I've used a VDO-323-888 sender (identified as 801/12/2 on the part itself. If

can be trusted, thatmakes it a 323-888) screwed into the drainplug hole of my T4 case for thelast 5 years. No problems with it being there, except that it's susceptibleto damage, being the lowest point on the engine. Never had to tap anything.No clearance issues inside or outside the case. VDO appears to sell 2 temp senders with 14 x 1.5 mm. threads. The 323-055 and the 323-888. Both are listed as 300F senders. The picture I see of the

323-055 at CIP's site appears identical to the 323-888 I have sitting in front of me. Anyone know what the difference might be?

Lyle

Reply to
Lyle Beaulac